International Practice Partner for the KNAV Group, Khozema champions KNAV’s high-performance culture with a strong emphasis on global expansion of the Group and seamless availability of expert yet practical solutions for clients across KNAV firms
With over 30 years of experience-building and advising leading Companies on International Accounting and Audit Issues, Khozema has been an influential voice of Management Assurance Services to growing, mid-sized entrepreneurial and Indian multi-national companies.
He has been instrumental in rendering a comprehensive range of International Business Advisory Services to leading Indian and International business houses as a trusted business advisor.
Over the years Khozema has been Engagement Partner on US GAAP/ US GAAS engagements, IFRS/IAS engagements, Indian GAAP/GAAS engagements, and provided advisory and regulatory compliance services including accounting, financial and tax due diligence for various multinational companies in their inorganic growth trajectory.
Leading Indian Multi-nationals across Pharma, Bio Technology, Information Technology, consumer products, industrial products, forging and service sectors, Owner-managed, entrepreneurial, businesses, including SMEs, Not-for-profit organizations both national and international
Khozema works closely with member firms in USA, UK and Singapore which provide focused restructuring and recovery services including distressed turnaround planning, corporate restructuring, working capital management and interim crisis management amongst specific creditor services, fiduciary and investigative services, debtor advisory and bankruptcy litigation services. He has the benefit of the large experienced workforce at their disposal.
Honours and Affiliation
- Membership of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Certified Drucker Fellow trained in management at Drucker Institute, Claremont Graduate University, California. Taught Effective Executive at Drucker Curriculum programs, India.
- Has been a lecturer for the highly renowned US CPA Course as ‘Marks CPA’
- Conducting training programs and speaking at national and international seminars / conferences on Doing Business in US, US GAAP, IFRS etc. Till date spoken extensively at nearly 100 in house training programs and 200 workshops/seminars attended by nearly 1000 corporate houses
- Regularly invited to present papers and speak at various conferences and seminars organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society, Indo-American Chamber of Commerce and the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Governing Board Member of the Council of EU Chambers of Commerce in India
- Member of the National Executive Council of Indo American Chambers of Commerce and the Audit Chair of its Audit Committee.
- Insolvency Resolution Professional registered with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India
- Indian Chartered Accountant with a fellowship from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- US Certified Public Accountant from Delaware State Board of Accountancy and active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Canadian Chartered Accountant and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario and British Columbia.
- Accredited in Business Valuation from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Chartered Global Management Accountant from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Bachelor’s degree in general law from the Government Law College, Mumbai, India.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce from Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, University of Mumbai, India
Interest & Activities
- Treasurer & Trustee of Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT); India’s largest urban redevelopment and renewal project aimed at upgrading the environs of Bhendi Bazar to provide its residents a better lifestyle and assist the business to flourish in the area but within a state-of-the-art infrastructure.
- Past Treasurer of Sir Adamji Peerbhoy Sanatorium Trust
- Past Treasurer of Burhani Education Society
- Khozema is a voracious reader and enjoys travelling and contributes articles to local and national institutes, supporting them in their developmental work in an honorary capacity.
- Served as Treasurer of the Drucker Society in Mumbai. Responsible for overall development of new Drucker Societies in India.
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.knavcpa.com